Sunday, May 1, 2011

Numbers Final
















































































































When viewing numbers in consecutive order with no punctuation, I find myself adding them up, forcing them into a sum equalling 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 11. I do not remember the beginning of this small OCD habit. I feel as though it began with the deliverance of the news that my mother was diagnosed with cancer, and after her heartbreaking death I believe it became more consistent everyday. While “producing a sum” I instantly try to figure out where in my life that number can relate. I have my favorite numbers, lucky ones, which make me feel as though I am on the right path. Maybe it’s a small hint from someone in the universe? Telling me that I am exactly where I am meant to be. I also have numbers, which I do not like, but I find I can correlate them into some number of family members or moments in time in which I find comfort. With this experience I began this series, photographing interesting numbers that I encounter and find beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment